.

Friday 24 April 2015

Abduction of 3 kids: Police release suspect’s housemaid to parents

Nigeria-police-logo[1]Lagos State police Commissioner, Mr. Kayode Aderanti, yesterday released a kidnap syndicate employee, Miss Henrietta Otobo to her parents.
The command’s spokesman, Kenneth Nwosu, who performed the hand-over, said it was in furtherance of the effort to show that justice is fully done and the liberation of victim is seen to be total while efforts to arrest others who were involved in the kidnap saga is fully done.

He said the three Orekoya kids were liberated, the fake nanny, Fumilayo Adeyemi, who kidnapped the three kids arrested and still in custody, while the girl they employed as house-maid, Henrietta Otobo, who was alleged to be in their captivity, was rescued and handed over to her parents.
Nwosu said Henrietta’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Otobo, came from Delta State to identify and unite with their daughter, which resulted in her hand-over to them by the police.
Addressing the press, Mr. Anthony Otobo, a chartered accountant, said, “I got wind that Henrietta was missing in the early hours of November 12, 2014 from her junior brother, Emmanuel. I live in a duplex and my kids occupy the rooms downstairs. So, when Emmanuel came and said that his sister was missing, I ran outside searching for her only to discover that the four doors leading to the gate were opened.  The following day, I went to the nearest police station in Edo State and reported a case of a missing person. On our own, we searched every other place that we felt she could have gone to without success.
“I was shocked when on April 17, 2015, I saw her face in one of the national dailies. I was thankful to God that she is alive,” Mr Otobo said.
When asked how he intends to help her daughter reintegrate with the family, Anthony said; “When we return home, I will take her to our pastor because from what I read and heard, a lot of things happened where she was found. So she needs deliverance,” Mr Otobo noted.post by expdonaloaded.blogspot.com
When confronted with her daughter’s claim that her father refused to allow her pursue her dream, Mr Otobo said he only heard about that when he saw her daughter at the police command. “I am a chartered accountant. I can never stop her from pursuing her life’s ambition to be an actress. If she wants to be an actress, it is okay by me.  I don’t think I will deny her such ambition if that is her destiny. I bought that phone for her and her siblings. I am going to do more for her. Even the JAMB she took, she passed and the Delta State Polytechnic gave her admission.
“I thank the Nigerian police, Lagos command especially CP Aderanti. I must sincerely appreciate the good work of the team led by Superintendent Abba Kyari and the press for the publicity that they gave the story which made it possible for us to locate out dear daughter. Most especially, I thank God for keeping Henrietta alive.”
Henrietta admitted to have lied that her parents did not take care of her. She said that it was her quest to be independent that led her to leave their home. “I got a job as a maid through OLX and my plan was to save money and pursue my dream to become an actress. What they (the press and others) said that I found more love in the kidnappers place than my home is not true. The true position is that I said I did not know that the love my parents used to give me could be found outside our home. They gave me everything there. I will not leave home again. I love my parents; I only wanted to be on my own. I wanted freedom. I did not want to depend on anybody that was why I went in search of job; unfortunately I fell into the hands of kidnappers. I took the job to work as a maid and they agreed to pay me N10, 000 a month. I did not know that they were kidnappers till we were arrested,” Henrietta said.
Nwosu advised parents who take their children to schools and churches to be security conscious especially taking them and bringing them back home. The church should provide where the children will be taken care of while the teachers should take care of the children and handover to their parents or anybody that have been identified by their parents.
He said the CP Aderanti directed the SARS’ boss, Mr. Kyari to fish out the kidnap gang as the parents of the kids were in pains and agony.
It paid off with the arrest of Fumilayo Adeyemi. He said that efforts are ongoing to get other suspects arrested.
Adeyemi was arrested last Wednesday evening in Shasha, Lagos after she was tracked through the phone numbers and bank accounts submitted by the kidnappers.
Fumilayo said she had been employed as a maid by the Orekoyas as well as the Magodo couple through the same OLX, an online sales portal..

No comments:

Post a Comment