.

Thursday 3 September 2015

Expdonaloaded Sports News; My goals’ll come in Dar es Salaam—Ujah

Anthony Ujah
As the Super Eagles embark on a mission to Tanzania for the Africa Nations Cup qualifier encounter this weekend, Nigerian international, Anthony Ujah, has declared that he will score goals in Dar es Salaam. The German Bundesliga sensational striker also used the opportunity to debunk the insinuation that he had failed as striker due to his inability to score for the national team in the four games he had so far played for the country under former manager, Stephen Keshi. “It is not true that I am finding it difficult to score while playing for the national team.
Don’t forget that I was born and brought up in Africa, I equally developed as a player here in Nigeria and if there is anywhere I have to be a better player, it should be here on the Africa soil. “For me, it is not that I prefer to play under a particular weather condition. I was not born in winter and I believe that everything has its time and if this is my time to succeed in the national team, then so be it but I am not God and cannot say. All I know I can do is to continue to give my best. I am ready anytime I am called upon to help the team and I will give 100 per cent commitment. Playing for the national team is a different feeling and I will like to succeed in the national team doing my best. “As for my scoring against Tanzania, I am sure you heard the coach emphasizing that the focus is not on individual effort but the performance of the team. He made it clear that he is not trying to make a star and the message I got from his philosophy and believe is that he is trying to build a team comprising the goalkeepers to the strikers. “For that reason, I don’t have any individual target. I just want to be there for my team both defensively and offensively and if that means scoring also, so be it, but the target should be to succeed as a team before considering the contribution of individual players.”

No comments:

Post a Comment