.

Saturday 15 August 2015

Expdonaloaded News; I want tall, dark sexy guy – Rachael Okonkwo

Tana
Actress, Rachael Okonkwo aka Nkoli Nwa Nnsukka has come a long way from dancing gospel music videos to acting movies. The Nsukka, Enugu born actress has no doubt earned for herself a place in Nollywood following her role in Collins Chidiebere’s Nkoli Nwa Nsukka. In this chat with Christian Agadibe, the South East based actress talks about her career and the challenges of being famous.
Excerpts:
Your delivery on Nkoli Nwa Nsukka was fabulous. What do you think stood you out from other characters?
I think it’s my popular Igbo slang which you know very well, my charisma and generally, the characterization. Everything about me in that movie was different and I believe it’s unique and quite educative.
Nkoli Nwa Nsukka is a TV series. Where do you think it will end?
For now I don’t know. It’s seasonal so it has a very long way to go. I think we will keep doing it but for now we’re recording the season 9 and 10. Even as I speak to you people are waiting for it because they want to know what happened. So I believe that is how they will also ask for the 11th and 12th seasons.post by expdonaloaded.blogspot.com...
How are your fans reacting?
My fans are thrilled. Where ever I go people hail me and ask me to give them money. Some talk to me as if I’m CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) governor. But in all of these I give God the Glory because I can’t walk in the streets without been noticed. I can’t even go to where I normally eat mama-put anymore. I can’t come out anymore not because I don’t want to but because the crowd will kill me.
How did your village react to your projection of their culture in Nkoli Nwa Nsukka?
My village people liked and they appreciated it so much. In fact, my state was so proud of me my governor even gave me an award; Enugu Born Most Outstanding Actress 2014. They loved it because the movie made the language so popular that even those who are not proud to say that they are from Nsukka now proudly boast that I am Nwanne Nkoli (Nkoli’s relative).
What ‘s your take on Nollywood?
The industry is a very nice place and it’s also a bad place. It depends on what you want. If you want to make use of the good side, you’ll be a good person and come out with something good for yourself. But if you come here and you want to make your life useless, it’s all left to you. But I don’t think it’s a big deal because it happens everywhere.
Your fans would like to know if Nkoli is still single or married
(Smiles) I’m single.
What has changed about you after Nkoli Nwa Nsukka?
Everything changed including my artistry and my person. At least I have received two awards and hoping to get more. Nkoli Nwa Nsukka elevated me and changed everything about me.
You were in the industry before acting Nkoli…
(Cuts in) I’ve been in the industry for quite a while. It’s been long I came in as an actress but because I wasn’t really getting jobs back then I started dancing but in 2009 I came back to Nollywood. I did some movies where I played a maid, I acted as Van Vika’s sister, Tonto’s (Dike) sister among others. Nkoli Nwa Nsukka gave me fame; it made me who I am, in fact, it’s my life.
What challenges have you been facing since you became famous?
The crowd and attention is just too much; I don’t have my privacy anymore. I walk into a hotel and somebody I don’t even know from Adam tells me he knows me and has seen me on TV and before you know it, everybody wants to talk to me and shake hands with me. You can’t just go to a place without people knowing you are there or talking about you going there. Sometimes it could be quite exasperating.
Do you do only indigenous movies?
I’m an artist so I can proudly tell you that I’m versatile. My first lead role in the industry was not an indigenous movie and it was not Nkoli Nwa Nnsukka either. It was entitled Parish House and I played alongside Nkem Owoh, Mercy Johnson and Van Vika. I’ve done so many movies but God chose to bring me out with this one.
Aside the face we see on screen, who is the Rachael Okonkwo?
Rachael Okonkwo is just a nice, real, humble girl and easy going girl.
Could you describe your ideal man?
If I tell you I want to marry a poor man then I’m lying. I want a man that’s comfortable. I mean a man with prospect even if he doesn’t have money, at least he should have something he’s looking up to. That could possibly yield money.
But you were married to someone poor in Nkoli Nwa Nsukka?
Yes, but he had plans. He needed to go to Onitsha to make money. What I actually mean is that I don’t want to get married to a lazy man. Lazy men are poor men. When a man is not lazy and he’s aspiring, he can make money. I want someone that is hard working, caring and cute; you know I’m not very tall so I want a very tall and dark guy that’s sexy and God-fearing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment