.

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Expdonaloaded News; I can’t act nude — Mary Lazarus

I can’t act nude — Mary Lazarus
My name is Mary Lazarus Ndionyenma and I am from Abia State. I am an actress and model. I have a twin brother who I love so much and he is not an actor. I studied Geography at the University of Ibadan. Modelling I started modelling before I gained admission to the university. While I was an undergraduate, I featured in television commercials for several companies including Airtel and MTN. After my contract with the former ran out, I signed on with the latter. Acting After having a successful run in the modelling industry, I wanted a profession that would challenge me. I chose acting because I realised it was an avenue to showcase my talent, even though it was something I had never done before.
I started acting in 2009 and I fell in love with the profession after my first role. My friend Gbenro Ajibade, introduced me to a director, who gave me my first acting job in the movie, Waiting Years. I do not regret the fact that I don’t practise what I studied at the university but, there are times I long for a nine-to-five job. Roles Well, every role is challenging and you are only as good as your last performance. I would consider the role I played in Losing Control, my most challenging role till date. I played the character of a man and I don’t think I would ever settle for a role that requires me to act nude. Inspiration I draw inspiration from actors in Hollywood and Nollywood. Tyler Perry is multitalented and I find his ability to produce, direct and act in his movies inspiring. Sometimes, he takes up more than one role in a movie.post by expdonaloaded.blogspot.com.. That is what I call awesome. Expectations In life, we all have expectations and I am not different. My physical attributes are not my greatest strengths. One of my greatest strengths is my spontaneity and ability to play an incredibly vast array of roles. At the moment, I’m interested in playing different roles. Competition I don’t believe in the meaning of that word. To me, competition is an appraisal of one’s self and it is supposed to help you improve on whatever you are doing. It is just a way to let you know how good or bad you have done. It is not meant to get you depressed. Men I do not like to talk about my relationship with the opposite sex but my man has to be God-fearing, have a good sense of humour, respectful, intelligent, trustworthy, and have a healthy relationship with alcohol. I really do not care about a man’s looks even though it plays a big role in getting me attracted to him. He only needs to be clean and well-groomed. Fans At the risk of sounding boastful, I would say I have fans and I have had some rather awkward experiences with them. The one that readily comes to mind was when a woman hit me on my back soon after we said the closing prayer in church. She asked me why I was praying and said I was a very bad girl who always stole her father’s money. It took a while for the people around us to understand that she was referring to a role I played in a television series, The Benjamins. Aspirations As an actress, I want to do great things and break fresh grounds. In a few years time, I plan to have become a movie director. Fashion I’m addicted to buying weaves. Don’t get me wrong, I love shoes, handbags, and jewellery but I love weaves the most. Leisure Sometimes I go to the movies and at other times, I spend time at home with my family. I also enjoy making videos of myself dancing and singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment