.

Saturday 18 April 2015

Expdonaloaded sports news;Omeruo set for summer move

omeruoAs the European summer transfer window ap­proaches, Birkirkara of Malta and Nigeria U-23 forward, Lucky Omeruo, has told SL10. ng that he’s hoping to secure a move to main­stream Europe.

The 19-year-old had a brief trial period with Ado Den Haag in Hol­land and Standard Liege in Belgium, but ended up in the tiny island nation of Malta, and he ex­plained how and why he is in Malta.
“I was in Belgium and Holland briefly but Malta was not originally the plan,” he told SL10.ng.
“I had to come to Mal­ta so as to stay around Europe because when I went to Standard Liege, there wasn’t enough time for me and I couldn’t play games because I couldn’t play competi­tive games under trials.
“So there wasn’t enough time for them to assess me because my visa was almost expiring and it would be difficult for me to return to Ni­geria and start planning again, so I chose the op­tion of playing in Malta, which is still around Europe,” he explained.expdonaloaded.blogspot.com
The former Bayelsa United winger, however, admitted that the stand­ard of Maltese league is below that of the Dutch and Belgian leagues, but said playing in Malta will launch him to main­stream Europe.
“The league in Malta is not as good as that of Holland and Belgium, but it keeps me around Europe and it will help me get noticed faster by the major clubs, and I hope I will get there soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment