.

Thursday 5 March 2015

My favourite “spot” is my bedroom –Ikechukwu Onyeka,veteran filmmaker



Ikechukwu Onyeka is a renowned film­maker in Nollywood and a graduate of Colorado Film School, USA. You must not make the mistake of skipping his name if you have to count up to ten successful filmmakers in the country. He spoke to Sunday Sun about his life and career lately. “I grew up in the ghetto and I think I really need to emphasize that. I grew up in Amukoko. It’s a slum between Ajegunle and Ijora”, he revealed. The encounter was also an opportunity to ask him about his favourites. Excerpts:


What’s your favourite food?

I am not too sure I have a favourite food. I am not a morning-afternoon-evening eater kind of person. I eat whenever I feel like and sometimes four, five, six times in a day. I eat little by little, though I like taking a lot of cereals. I am not just sure about that word “favou­rite” when it comes to food.

Favourite drink?

That’s water. I don’t do al­cohol. I often do soft drinks too.

Favourite attire?

Anything that makes me feel comfortable, yeah! That’s why, most times, I wear jeans and all that. The most difficult for me is Sun­days when I have to wear a suit and a tie.

Favourite gadget?

I think I love smart phones and tablets. Once I have all that, I can be indoors all month.

Favourite book?

I have not read much, any way (laughs) but my favourite books have always been books that have to do with what I do. I read a number of film-related books, where I study about some actors.

Favourite weather?

I love the weather when it is calm, mostly after it rains. I hate it when it’s too hot or cold.

Favourite on-air personality?

Yaw! Yes, that is Yaw. I love him because of his at­titude to work.

Favourite world leader?

Uhm! Obama. I love him for the fact that he is black and he has been able to run two tenures in the United States.

Favourite holiday spot?

Do I ever go on holidays (laughs)? Because I am al­ways on the move, I usually don’t think of holidays, but I think if I ever what to go for holidays, it’s the Gambia based on what I have seen about the place. I am not a big fan of traveling abroad, though I have been to a couple of places.

Favourite spot?

My favourite sport has always been my bedroom. I don’t leave it even when I am alone. (Ayo, I don’t mean “spot”, I actually mean “sport”.) Yeah, that is what I am saying. I don’t have any sport other than my bedroom. I like being there always. I think I am very re­clusive despite what people say. I don’t go out.

Favourite music?

I love country music but my favourite has always been Christian music.

No comments:

Post a Comment